6-24-2015 Ocean Hills Computer Club - Oceanside CA

87 Members of the club attended this afternoons lively and interesting presentation. The presentation was followed by an extensive Q&A session. The following are three questions that were submitted in writing before the presentation started. I’ll also include my answers to these questions.

1. Should I have Avast for my Android Smartphone ? If yes, Why ?
Short Answer: Yes!
Long Answer: There are currently over 33M infected android devices. I'm sure you would prefer not to be one of the 33 Million. Using Avast Mobile Security (https://www.avast.com/en-us/free-mobile-security) can scan and remove any infections you may currently have and, prevent you from catching new Malware.

2. I like Avast but how can I stop it from asking for an Upgrade ? I just want it to do it's job.
Short Answer: Buy one of the paid version and you'll stop the upgrade request for the duration of the license term that you purchased!
Long Answer: Select the Silent Gaming Mode option which will prevent almost all of the popups! Remember that this will also prevent some of the useful messages from Avast. You may also shorten the duration of the popups you receive. Since Avast does require funding to continue to enhance it's program and your protection, the free version will most likely always ask that you upgrade. (If you worked for Avast, I’m sure you would also like to be paid.)

3. Do you have an opinion on Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 ?
Short Answer: Yes I always have lots of opinions on a lot of topics!
Long Answer: I will be updating all of my eligible computers to Windows 10 on or after July 29, 2015. Windows 10 is a Safer, smarter and more compatible OS that Windows 7. It also comes with a Start Menu. The lack of a Start Menu was one of the stumbling blocks for the acceptance of Windows 8.

To see all of the pictures taken before and during this presentation please click on the following link:
https://goo.gl/photos/gVUmzXpN4N9ydtzT9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog