8-3-2017 Grandparent Scam still Very Much Alive


An old scam that's still very much alive. For me, it's the second attempt.
This time it started off as "Hello Grandpa". Since I didn't recognize the voice, I asked: "Who is this."  He simply said: "don't you recognize me, it's your oldest Grandson." My reply was very simple: "Sorry, I didn't recognize your voice. What's my oldest Grandsons name?"
There was a slight pause and next, I heard the dial tone. 
The scammer obviously knew the scam wasn't going to work.
This is one of those scams that tugs at your heart strings since it's coming from "family" so you need to be extra careful.  Especially when you don't recognize the voice or, the speech mannerism isn't what you usually hear from the relative that's supposedly on the other end of that phone line. My phone call came from the following # (716) 780-2876. I suggest you block that number.
These calls almost always result in a request for money and if you aren't cautious, that hard earned money will wind up in some crooks pocket. Stay safe, be free and above all, be vigilant. 



Bob

Comments

Popular posts from this blog